We hope you are reading this in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We will be resuming routine care on a limited schedule beginning Monday, May 4th.
While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 419-352-4661.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Kaiser and Hoehner
Exceptional and Compassionate Bowling Green Dentist
Care, Competence, & Continuity
Welcome to our online dental office; a convenient place to find great dental health information, facts about our services, and answers to your own dental concerns. It's genuinely the next best thing to being here, and we hope you'll browse around.
Of course, we also hope you'll come in and meet us in person, because then you'll discover that our care backs up our claims. We're committed to treating people with kindness and courtesy: seeing patients on time, listening closely to their needs, and carrying out their treatment with efficiency and skill. Plus, we return phone calls promptly and personally.
And we don't just care for our patients. We care for them with competence: hard-earned expertise that comes from years of experience in dentistry, both clinically and academically. In fact, both Drs. Kaiser and Hoehner have put in hours of study and practice in just about every area of dentistry, constantly striving to further develop their skills. So their capabilities span from the common to the complex and everything in between.
We've been around for over 33 years. And we'll be around when you need us.
Schedule your visit with Dr. Ryan D. Hoehner or Dr. Jeffrey T. Kaiser at our Bowling Green, OH dental office today! We serve patients from Weston, Pemberville, and surrounding communities with high quality dentistry and excellent service.